Calculating the Amount Required
- Measure the length and the width of the area. Measure in metres and part metres.
For example, 10 feet would be 3.05 metres.
If the area is irregular, break the calculation down into a series of smaller rectangles and add together.
- Decide on what depth you need. As a guide we would suggest
50mm of decorative aggregate (chippings etc) on landscape material for weed free border.
100mm to 200mm as footings for a drive
75mm when using soil for coverage.
- Enter the dimensions in our easy calculator. You may be surprised as the results are often more than you think.
Remember this is not an exact science. We recommend that you order a little less rather than over estimate. It is much easier to add some extra material later, than be stuck with a lot of surplus.
- Our standard Maxi bags of sand, chippings etc are a minimum of 850 kgs.
- Our Maxi bags of soil, compost etc are 750 ltrs.
If what you need does not match closely to the Maxi bags don't panic. We can supply pretty much any weight in another format either in half bags, loose or Maxi bags with 25kg bags to "top up".
For non-standard bags, please call 01935 822204 and ask for the Trade Counter.